I cannot express enough of my love for peas fritters. They are so flavoursome with mint, fetta, and juiciness of peas Mmmmmmm……. It is the perfect snack for me. Oh yeah. Who says veggie can’t be fun and interesting! PLEASE try this recipe if you haven’t had these before! These fritters are easy to make, looks very pretty with a golden outer surface, with a lovely green on the inside. Taste Gorgeous ❤
What you need:
- 2 cup/260 g fresh or thawed frozen green peas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium shallot, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- Lemon zest
- 60g fetta cheese ( I used an olive oil infused fetta cheese, more flavour!)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
olive oil for frying
- Cook peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Drain and mash coarsely using a fork
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, shallots, mint, lemon rind, feta, flour and salt and pepper. Add in the pea mixture and mix thoroughly. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flour to absorb some of the moisture.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat and place heaped tablespoons of the pea mixture in the pan pressing down the mixture into a disc. Cook in batches flipping when golden on one side (about 2 minutes each side).
*I didn’t have to use much oil at all as I used a non-stick fry pan
- Serve immediately with a greek yoghurt on the side, lemon wedges and a green salad if desired.
You can make these fritters gluten free by substituting flour with gluten free flour.