This is a recipe to make a beautiful high fibre Granola from Megan’s Granola Recipe
It is easy to make and it makes a great gift for family and friends. I am making this for my work colleagues and needs a healthy recipe with lots of nuts and fibre.
If you are making this for the family, try involving kids into making this – i am sure they will have fun and enjoy eating this granola even more.
High Fibre Granola with nuts, pepita, and raisins
Makes 15 serves. Prep time: 20 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins or sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C. Line two large baking sheets with baking paper
- Combine the oats, wheat germ, oat bran, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, and walnuts in a large bowl. Stir together the salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat. Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and toasted, about 20 minutes. Stir once halfway through. Cool, then stir in the raisins or cranberries before storing in an airtight container.
Nutritional Information Per serve:
Total fat 21g
saturated fat 2.3g
Polyunsaturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
Serve with natural yoghurt of low fat milk. YUM. You don’t need extra fruit or sweetened yoghurt here because it is sweetened already 🙂
One serve of this granola provides 7g of fibre = fibre of 4 weetbix.
Enjoy x Piccolowing.